Sunday 15 July 2012

spotlight: riusuke fukahori

I thought: “Why has it taken me so long to notice this beauty? This little fish will surely save me." I then began to paint goldfish and now, 11 years later, I am still painting them. 

Inspiration is truly hard to find when you're looking in all the wrong places. 6 months and a couple of thousands of dollars later (thanks to bland commerce), I'm now a loud 'n' proud Media (PR and advertising)/ Law student! I've come to realise how important it is to stick with your gut instincts and if you work hard enough at something you enjoy, you will be nothing short of successful.

Here's living proof-Risuke Fukahori. Struggling with maintaining his dream of being a painter, he was inspired by his pet goldfish, which simply waited patiently in a moss-ridden tank for 7 years to be recognised. It's now his lifelong theme as a contemporary artist. His work is amazing, using acrylic on clear resin, poured layer upon layer to achieve unique three-diamensional art. 









Ph: Dominic Alves, 'Goldfish Salvation' at ICN Gallery in London, United Kingdom



No comments:

Post a Comment